Blog is moving

My blog is moving to http://victormendonca.com/blog/. If you are looking for a specific or older post you are in the right place Otherwise check out my new page for more up to date content.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cannot see shared folder on VBox


After I re-installed Vbox on one of my servers I had a problem where I could not see a shared folder on my guest machine (XP).

The command to set the share is quite simple:
VBoxManage sharedfolder add “[machine]” -name "[share_name]" -hostpath \n "[/home/username/foldertoshare]"

If you issued this command but you still cannot see the share, the solution is actually simple. All you have to do is re-install Guest Additions (if you haven't done so), reboot the machine and you are set.

You can find more information and thank the guy who found this here.


Vic.

No comments: