Blog is moving

My blog is moving to http://victormendonca.com/blog/. If you are looking for a specific or older post you are in the right place Otherwise check out my new page for more up to date content.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Site is Back Up


Yesterday I finally had some time to work on the servers and get them back up. All images should be displayed as normal.

Right now the setup I have at home includes 3x servers (Firewall, Web and App). My plans are to migrate all these servers into one box and set them up as virtual machines with VMware. I have already got the hardware and the box built, I’m just working on the final hardware adjustments.

Here are the box specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Storage: RAID 1 with 2x Sata2 500GB (for VM images only)

I’m hoping that this will allow me to run 4 VMs at an average level. The boxes I have right now are all P2 and P3 anyways.

You can have an idea of what my “server tower” looks like from the pics bellow. I’ll keep you posted on my advances.

Main Image:

Modem, Router and Switch:

Monitor, stdin and 10 port KVM :

Towers:


Vic.

No comments: