Blog is moving

My blog is moving to http://victormendonca.com/blog/. If you are looking for a specific or older post you are in the right place Otherwise check out my new page for more up to date content.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Problem with vlc play back sound on Ubuntu

After upgrading my laptop to Ubuntu 8.04 (via a re-install), I noticed the sound on my vlc play back did not work. Usually I would have to logout and log back in to get it to work. At one point I got tired of doing this (it didn't take much) and decided to investigate the issue.

Looks like the problem is related to the playback system. You might notice that this problem only occurs when another program (like Firefox or a player) is open.

The fix is simple. Install the “vlc-plugin-pulse” package to fix it.

$ sudo apt-get install vlc-plugin-pulse


Launchpad bug: 188358

No comments: